THE FOURTH AUSTRALASIAN
GROUND CONTROL IN MINING CONFERENCE
SYDNEY 28–30 NOVEMBER
About the conference
The conference will provide an update to all mining industry geotechnical personnel on best practice in both Australasia and overseas.
AusRock 2018 provides a vehicle for information exchange between the coal and metalliferous sectors of the industry with a focus on new technologies and developments, industry needs and mine site problem solving,and practical case studies.
AusRock 2018 is an ISRM Specialised Conference.
Abstracts are invited from prospective authors throughout Australasia and internationally.
- Ground support – tendon systems, surface liners, injection systems in open cut and underground mining
- Alternative materials in ground control
- Geotechnical instrumentation, monitoring and data management
- Mine design – geotechnical considerations
- Geotechnical design methodologies
- Geomechanics of multiseam, multireef and complex orebodies
- Geotechnical challenges in extreme mining environments
- Backfill technologies
- Pillar design and performance
- Rock mass characterisation techniques and practice
- Regional stability
- Slope stability
- Geotechnical risk management
- Best practice case studies
- New challenges and innovations in ground control
- Numerical modelling in design
- Mine subsidence – prediction and control
- Caving mechanics and control
- Dynamic mining events and managing large deformations
- Geotechnical education and training
All AusIMM conferences feature
Your chance to engage with industry peers and international companies.
Presentations by leading industry figures with opportunities to interact.
A truly global gathering of resource industry professionals.
Attend world-class workshops and technical talks to earn PD hours.